Friday, February 21, 2014

TGIF and Paint Party Friday!

TGIF!
As I sit and sip my coffee, I realize that February is quickly coming to a close.
The Iowa blizzard of last night is already puddles on the pavement.  
Another year has passed me by...
and another one is about to begin.  
I have a birthday tomorrow, and this one crept up on me so quietly
that I almost forgot about it altogether!
What do I plan on doing?
I believe I'll paint.
Paint the day away!
xoxo
On a separate note...
my son just turned 20 and is living in LA.
He's chasing his dream, living in the land of fun and sun, 
and singing his little heart out.  
I really miss him. I'm so proud of him.  
I wipe away a tiny tear as he sings one of my all-time favorites. 
Here's a little something to brighten up your Friday.


As always... today I'm linking up with the lovely painters 

15 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant energy of the colors in your painting! What a cutie your son is - and what a wonderful song! You've got the whole package here in your post! Hope you have an amazing birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented son you have! Have a great birthday. Lovely colours on your canvases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really find your colours very appealing. What fun this piece is! Happy Birthday!

    My son is away from home too, so I know how you are feeling. He is very talented and handsome! Best wishes to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Renee! Seriously... I listed to him sing and miss him even more! Thanks for the visit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours as always Renee. Happy Birthday and enjoy your day. How proud you must be of your cute and talented son.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Netty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome bright and zingy colors in your art Renee. Really has some great energy. Here in Baltimore we have sun today hurrah! hope the weather is great where you are too. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes... it's sunny in Des Moines also today and will hopefully stay that way for a few days. Artists NEED sunshine! ;)

      Delete
  8. Very nice artwork, adorable son with a great voice!! Good for him!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it's Sunday and my evening is brightened - what a terrific voice. And cute as a button (he probably doesn't like to hear that!!! LOL) Happy Birthday and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Very Happy Birthday Renee. Lovely post and thanks for sharing your cute and talented son with the group.May his dreams all come true.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely vibrant colours. They would brighten up anyone's day. It is great that your son is pursuing his dream. He has a lovely voice and Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment and following my blog! Thanks for the love.... xoxo

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...