Friday, April 13, 2012

Paint Party Friday!

I only got to paint once so far this week and
went a little crazy with dots!
But I also got to spend time painting
with two fabulous sisters and
 working  a bit more on my happy garden painting.
I'll post about the sisters another time but share
my happy garden today.
I don't think I've shown the textural elements of this 
painting yet… but it really shows up with the bright colors
I just added.
The letters and numbers are made with molding paste
and one of my favorite stencils.  I just put the 
stencil down on the canvas, used a putty knife to
layer a coat of molding paste over the stencil
and then lifted off the stencil…
leaving the raised images!
They run along the top of the painting above the flowers.
There is also a fleur de lis on the upper right hand corner made the
same way.
I like the progress of this happy garden so far and am looking 
forward to seeing how it turns out!
Thanks for visiting and reading about my art…
happy painting everyone and
have a fabulous weekend!
xoxo

21 comments:

  1. You make the most lovely colors I've ever seen --- and I see the freedom in which you pour it out, and I never tire of seeing it! I'll take one of each! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the visit...love the painting - I am with Leslie, I never get tired of seeing them! How big is this new piece? I love the texture, too - thanks for doing the close-ups of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun and vibrant! Love the added texture with the molding paste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dazzling and colorful creation ~ Wow! Great style ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me happy just looking at it. It is so cheerful!

    I totally understand not getting into the studio as much as you want, but you sure made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful - the colours are amazing - it makes me want to be somewhere hot and Mediterranean! I love the idea with the moulding paste - the raised textured numbers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, I love all those bright colors and details. Excellent job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly my kind of artist! Love the vibrant color and whimsy of your art!! Really makes me happy!!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your colourful and beautiful designs. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all of these!
    Your paintings are always a delight to see...always full of colors and layers! Fabulous!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooooooww!! No other word for it but wooww! These make me happy, thks for sharing! And the molding paste's a great idea, definitely have to try that some time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Giggles need to get together, well maybe not, there might be no color left for the rest of us if you do.

    Love all the brightness and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colors and compositions always brighten my day. You know JUST the right balance. Lovely work... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors. Colorful creations and lots of textures. Great job. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so bright, colorful, and cheery! I love it. Especially those colorful dots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the juicy colors and texture with the molding paste, makes me just want to touch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These colors are fantastic! They just make me smile! Love the molding paste texture. That is so neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just the most glorious colours and I love the final piece... and thanks for the step by step... I haven't used modelling paste much but maybe it is time to get back in and give it another shot... and sorry for the late visit...xx

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment and following my blog! Thanks for the love.... xoxo

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...