Monday, March 19, 2012

Tutorial: Key Pendant Necklace with Vintage Jewelry

This past weekend I taught my 
class at the studio.  I love teaching mixed media classes and
always create right along with my students.  Here's the 
pendant I created this weekend.
I've been thinking a lot about dreams lately,
 as in dreaming BIG, and so I chose the key that says "DREAMS" on it.
Although vintage keys are great to use, I really like
using the Tim Holtz keys from Archivers!
The keys have words engraved on them and come in
a pack with several different shapes and sizes to choose from.
I find my jewels at flea markets and thrift stores but you
could also use vintage family jewelry and create fabulous
keepsakes with sentimental value!
The supplies for this  fabulous creation are simple...
a key
glitter
vintage jewelry
and a chain!
And here's the simple skinny... (instructions)
1. Use the Mod Podge to adhere glitter to the key;
allow to dry.
2.  Use E6000 to adhere jewel to the key;
allow to dry.
3.  Put key onto chain.
It's really that simple and oh so much fun!
Just ask Angie Glidwell...
She created two super fabulous keys you can 
see  here on her facebook page!  
Happy Creating!!!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love vintage jewelry Renee and this one is very beautiful with glitters. What a great ide!. I changed my blog, you can find me here:
    http://fiorelladesigns.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea.... I think I might use it on my journals. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! And this one really looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this very creative piece! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What doesn't look fabulous with glitter? Sweet! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... this is such a sweet treasure to see...
    You are such a clever gal!!
    LOVE THIS!! :]

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment and following my blog! Thanks for the love.... xoxo

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...