Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Mixed Media!

A few weeks ago I began two mixed media canvases.
Last week as I was waiting for another painting to dry,
I noticed my empty Starbucks cup,  some colored paper 
and I got inspired!
The queen of coffee sits and watches over this happy little set of houses...
and love makes them a home!
Colorful polka dotted tissue paper peeks through the 
background...
and the sides say home <3 home!
I only finished one of the canvases that day and
now this happy little painting is finished and waiting for it's
companion... but that's another project for another day!  
Hope you like it!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, my break is over, but with the busy day I'm having I'll have to get back later, and I definitely will. Love the cheerful colors you use. Your work has such great energy. Can't wait to have more time to get back and dig into your past posts and see what other incredible pieces you've made. Your fellow blogger, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of that little queen and the canvases are so full of life. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These houses are wonderful, love your use of recyclable materials! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee, love the colors you use. And wanted to let you know your card arrived today...beautiful, and thanks for the lovely necklace and extra card.

    Grace and peace,
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polka dot tissue! There is just something special about houses, isn't there? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little houses, love the vibrant colors! <3

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment and following my blog! Thanks for the love.... xoxo

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...