Friday, January 20, 2012

Currently Working On...

CuRREntLy WoRKing oN!
Here's what I'm currently working on...
and...
These are two 10" x 10" gallery wrapped mixed media canvases
that I started as samples for a mixed media class.  
The text is a page from a vintage book and you can faintly make out
the chapter title "My Fight With A..."
This intrigued me and so I plan on keeping it visible!  

We all have 
fights on our hands and I really like the idea of taking a "fight" and
turning into something positive.   That's the point of my mixed media 
class called "Trash to Treasure".
One of the things I LOVE so much about mixed media is the layering process
and how the painting seems to get a life of it's own and
tell you what it wants!
I'd say that these two are almost finished... with a few more layers,
a mantra and just a tiny bit of glitter!
Happy Painting!
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful I especially love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn Girl! I can't even tell you how old that polka dotted paper is, haha but I always love using it in my collages! Have a great Friday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors--my favorite part of them. I also peeked at your last post and the hearts are beautiful as well. It's great to hear from someone as positive as you.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful colors! So many wonderful layers! Have a great weekend! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Color color everywhere, you are my kind of gal, love the freedom in your work. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how these are shaping up - the colors are great - especially the pops of pink.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, interesting and lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving all the colors & beautiful shapes & drips. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

You'll make my day by leaving a comment and following my blog! Thanks for the love.... xoxo

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...