Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beginning of a BIG project!

I began my latest project this week at the studio.
Once I got clarity of the whole thing, I could begin gathering materials.


One of the beginning elements for me is music.
I feel like this breathes life to the canvas...
and for this project, an old Hymnal is the perfect fit!


The words of praise seem to anoint each piece and start to give them life.


These particular canvases are 36" x 36"... and the music is enlarged over 400 percent!
Next I add color...


I continue to build up layers with more color... 



stencils...


drips...


and pencil markings!


This process will be repeated many times before these pieces are complete...
so stay tuned!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

You'll make my day by leaving a comment and following my blog! Thanks for the love.... xoxo

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...